Monday, June 9, 2014

you gave me a forever within the numbered days, and i'm grateful

Hello again!
Friday was my last day interning at the theatre and I have to say I really did enjoy it and feel like I learnt a lot, so I'm happy and just hope I get a good grade on my report and oral exam. Cross your fingers for me please!


source


That night, my friends and I went out and ate dinner and then we decided to head down to the beach. 
The moon was already out and it was dark yet the sun still left an orange-cloud horizon on the ocean. 
The sand was cold and we all expected the water to be freezing as usual but when we stepped into it, it was surprisingly nice. Those of us wearing pants (I was wearing this) rolled those puppies up before going in any farther. 
Three of my friends decided to take one big step in every time a wave washed onto shore and two of them went so far that when one tried to turn around, she face planted into the water and was completely soaked! 
It was hilarious. *laughs maniacally*
(I'm a good friend I swear...)


source

After she got soaked, we all started splashing each other more and more to the point where we were all drenched and sandy and the whole rolling up the pants to my knees thing didn't help at all... 
We were all chasing and shoving each other, trying to soak each other and push one another in the water. I stopped for a moment to dramatically watch my friends run around at night on the beach with the pier behind us, -- the ferris wheel lit up beautifully,-- to think of how cool and lovely this whole moment felt and how happy I was to have found them all and how perfect and teen-sitcom-in-california this whole thing was. *pictures whole thing in slow motion with dramatic music and everyone laughing every five seconds*
I love having these kinds of moments though, when I kind of step back and think 'wow. i'm living this. with these amazing people. feeling like a real teenager. it's a good life hazel grace (had to sorry)'


source

SPEAKING OF WHICH 
I went to see The Fault In Our Stars and omgomgomgomg it was so good!!!!!!! 
It was so accurate and they mostly just removed things to focus on the love story. They did change one thing at the end, but i won't tell you just in case, but if you do go see it, you'll know what I mean and please let me know what you thought!
The actors seemed so perfect for the characters, and even the sets were on point to me. It literally felt like the exact representation of the book. 
ALSO GUS IS SO CUTE OMG ESPECIALLY THE AIRPLANE SCENE HE'S JUST SO EXCITED AND ALSO WHEN HE SEES HAZEL IN HER DRESS HE'S JUST SPEECHLESS AND OMG I JUST CAN'T DO IT MAN I'M GONNA CRY SO I'M JUST GONNA TELL YOU MY STORY REALLY QUICKLY
~casually just teared up but I'm back now. I'm calm and collected~


So much crying though. So much.
BUT I also started cracking up at probably the saddest part.
~STORY TIME~
So mid-sad scene, we're all crying. The woman next to me even has tissues and keeps sniffling and blowing her nose and  all of a sudden this woman behind us basically yell-sobs and my friend and I look at each other, smiling. 
THEN a few seconds later, another girl starts sobbing veryveryvery loudly and we could hear people trying to comfort her. So all of a sudden, a woman sitting in our row gets up and exclaims *read sassily* "Can you PLEASE be quiet" with all the sass she can muster (which btw was a lot).

THEN probably the saddest scene comes up and the girl starts sobbing even louder than before, and starts hyperventilating/hiccuping and I kid you not I cracked up and had to plug my nose to prevent myself from laughing out loud and looking like a terrible person for a) laughing at the saddest scene ever and b) laughing at this poor sobbing girl 
So there i am, sitting in a movie theatre during the saddest scene, tears still streaming down my face, laughing into my sweater, trying to calm down. I'm terrible, I know. 
But then my friend and her mom start to laugh too, and then the girls in front of us start as well so I guess I'm not THAT bad... (right?)


source
During the last scene though, the girl starts sobbing again but not nearly as loudly but I somehow managed to control myself and stay focused on the movie to let the feels out. Pain demands to be felt. (I'M SORRY I HAD TO)
Finally, when the lights go up, the sassy lady gets up and looks in the general direction of the sobbing (yes she was still sobbing) and yells *read sassily* "You're obviously not old enough to go to the movies because you can't be quiet for everyone else" then sassily leaves the room. 
She stood outside the theatre room door though, frowning angrily. (We think she was waiting for the sobbing girl to come out so she could sass her. Again.)
LET THE POOR GIRL CRY IN PEACE
She probably saved me from uncontrollable sobbing too though... 
Such a good movie urgh
I highly recommend you go see it and especially read the book.

Sorry this was so long... Here's an air hug for reading the whole thing!

What have you been up to this weekend? Have you read/seen The Fault In Our Stars? What did you think?

8 comments:

  1. Haha, that story about the sobbing girl is really funny, yet sad at the same time. I saw the night before the stars, so the pre-showing with the special deleted scene of John Green and the interviews and it was amazing, I really loved the movie! I also love all the photos you used. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was crazy, haha
      omg lucky, that sounds awesome! yeah, i really loved it too :)
      thank you!

      Delete
  2. this sounds so great! I want to see it so so badly dear god but it doesn't come out until the 21st where I am... gaah the wait is so so painful! I just know how much I'll cry so I'm desperately trying to prepare myself emotionally but I just can't! gus is the cutest (WHY ARE THERE NO GUS LIKE PEOPLE WHERE I LIVE??!!) and I can't wait to see ansel play him bc ansel is also perfect so hopefully he'll play it well. That girl is literally who I'll be in the cinema ahah oh god I may have to apologize to the people around me before the movie starts haha... I loved reading this post <3 <3 xox

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely worth the wait, just hang in there haha and let's be honest, there's no way to emotionally prepare yourself for this... you're gonna cry and it'll be awesome! RIGHT HE IS SO CUTE I JUST LOVE HIM SO MUCH DJKFHSD and ansel plays him so perfectly, i hope you'll like it! don't worry! you'll be saving them from more tears themselves haha! let me know what you thought when you see it though and if you sobbed! :')
      i'm glad you liked it! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so ridiculously excited to see the movie! That's hilarious omg the sass. GUS IS BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait to see Ansel, I think he's perfect for the role. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities (I HAD TO AS WELL). Loved this post <3

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so good!! RIGHT URGH I LOVE HIM and yes ansel is perfect as gus! *cries because of that quote* thank you! <3

      Delete
  4. OH my god I was cracking up with that story about going top see TFIOS and to be honest I would've been laughing my ass off too lolol. That was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good haha that makes me feel better for laughing during a sad scene :') thanks for the comment!

      Delete