Tuesday, June 3, 2014

you can ring my bell

Hello dolls!
School's almost ouuuuut!!!! I can't wait for summer so I can lazily watch movies, read and write as much as I want, be stress free, shop, stay up late, and not have to worry about school or homework. 
Yesterday was my first day interning at a theatre and it was really interesting, I made part of the programs for the upcoming shows so that was cool!
After my internship, I go back to school to write the world's longest report on it then have an oral exam on it as well then
I'm freeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Soon, I'll be volunteering at a music festival, going to a music festival, celebrating Canada Day, and hopefully having an amazing summer! 

nail polish - h&m (it lasted 2 days worth of pool & a whole week before chipping)
ring - urban outfitters 

Saturday was one of my deerest (hi) friends' birthday and he had a dance party and it was absolutely lovely! 
The music was awesome for dancing, especially because there were different genres like disco, punk, rock, techno-ish, latino music, basically everything except pop. 
Plus, there was really good food, an adorable dog and a cute roof-climbing cat. 
My friend Chanelle and I recently discovered the beauty that is a slack line and we're slightly obsessed and there magically was one at the party and I'll let you guess what happened...
(hint: we went on it a lot) 
Also, I got to spend time and dance with some of my best friends and who doesn't like dancing or spending time with their favourite people???

~and now, the moment you've all been waiting for...~
~the clothes~

jacket - a generous gift from my best friend
grey crop top - h&m
black skater skirt - h&m
purple shoes - vans
bloody legs - mine thabks

I may or may not wear this skirt basically 24/7 which is weird because I didn't use to be very fond of skirts, but I guess I got more used to them because of my uniform. And also, once I got this one, I fell in love and now I love skirts!
I'm wearing my purple vans because I knew I was gonna dance around and twirl like a princess, woohoooooo!

choker - thrifted
necklace - somewhere in Korea
I love this outfit because it looks so grungy and I feel like a total badass in it. (It's mostly the jacket to be honest)

back of the jacket
Can we just take a second to admire this jacket.
~swoon~
My best friend Christina very (times infiniti) generously gave me this jacket and I lovelovelovelovelovelovelove it, it's so soft and gorgeous and grungy and reminds me of Asia and i just... *sighs of love*

FUNNY STORY TIME
So, walking from the party down a PITCH BLACK pathway to our car, my mom says "step step" so I repeat "watch the step" to my friends after taking the step and thinking "wow, thank god I knew about it, good thing I told them, now they won't fall unless they don't listen, that would be funny" *evilly laughs on the inside* 
Then I trip on the second step, hit the edge against my legs, fall on the steps and now I have the world's biggest scrape on my leg and two smaller ones on both legs.


This may not sound that painful but it bled like a drop so it was obviously super painful and also the scrape is about (casually just measured it for you) 7 centimeters long and 4 centimeters wide and hurts even when I don't touch it and stings all the time. *dramatically cries*
After everyone made sure I was ok, we're all laughing (them more than me) and my mom says "I said step step, that's what we told Splash (a blind dog we knew)! Step step means two steps, come on Céline!" 
Thanks mom, I'm clumsier and understand less than a blind dog.
Awesome.

Hope my painful story made you smile at least. :)

What are your plans for this summer? What have you been up to lately? Anything painful yet funny happen to you?

Thanks to Valentina for taking these pictures (and actually wanting to) with her super pro camera
Special thanks to Christina for the lovely jacket
Title is a lyric from Ring My Bell by Anita Ward (piewwww)

8 comments:

  1. i love this crop top so much! i actually went into h&m specifically after you bought it bc I fell in love with it (also, I WAS SO SHOCKED BY THE PRICE IT WAS PRACTICALLY FREE OMG), but sadly they only had it in massive sizes:(( I did leave with some other stuff though so thanks for the heads up anyway haha! you look great and I love the grungey feel.. you sound like you have such a great summer lined up! good luck with the rest of your internship<3 xx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no way! that's awesome! i feel so cool, like i "inspired" you or something haha! RIGHT?! I WAS SO SHOCKED/HAPPY TOO!! oh no, that sucks :( but yeah, at least you got other stuff (which i would love to see btw) no problem & thank you :D yeah i hope it'll be awesome, how about you? anything planned yet? and thanks! <3 x

      Delete
  2. Okay this is all amazing wow especially the jacket. ALSO CANADA DAY IS THE ONLY DAY I LIVE FOR *rides away on bear drinking maple syrup* internships are sweet, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! right?!? i love it so much and kept thanking her over and over and over again!
      CANADA DAY IS THE BEST THING EVER!!! FREE CONCERTS, CITY-WIDE PARTY, PATRIOTISM *rides away with you on your bear drinking maple syrup and singing oh canada while also eating a beaver tail*
      thanks! i think it went really well :)

      Delete
  3. your jacket is fabulous! i also really love your necklace. i hope your leg is healing ok :( that story did make me smile though- especially the bit about the blind dog :') i recently sat on a swing seat in my garden that hadn't been used since last summer. i didn't check that it was steady and just sat on it before falling straight onto the floor. lucklily i'd put down my hot chocolate before i sat down or else it would've been more painful. i just wish someone had filmed it! i can't wait til summer. i don't have many plans so i guess i'll just sleep etc

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and yeah, it is, thanks, i have a huge scab now and have to roll all my pants or they'll rub against it :( good haha, i'm glad im not the only one who found my clumsiness funny but oh god that sounds terrible/hilarious, someone really should have filmed it! :') not having definite plans for summer is one of the best things though, you just kinda go with the flow and relax and finally sleep in all the time!

      Delete