Friday, January 9, 2015

letting the days go by

Hey guys!
On the 21st, I went to a Solstice party/get-together and it was abso-freaking-lutely lovely!
The ten of us drank tea, made dinner, ate it, played Cards Against Humanity while watching The Grand Budapest Hotel, talked, played hide and seek, had group hugs/sang a High School Musical song, had a cuddle puddle, and overall had a great time.  


My friend Elena took two polaroids, one of which she kindly let me keep. To take the picture, she would stand up, point her camera at us, and wait until we'd actually return to our conversation, and be ~in the moment~ to take a picture. It made us all laugh to see her standing there, waiting for the right moment to catch us in our ~natural habitat~ 

blouse: dennis (old uniform)//crop top: urban outfitters//jeans: pacsun//hat: h&m//boots: doc martens//necklace: gift



Until this outfit, I hadn't layered since the whole wearing a t-shirt over a long-sleeve shirt trend, so this was kind of a change for me... 


Who's that in my necklace, you ask? Oh, no one... Just my husband Evan Peters nbd. Props to Manuela for the rad gift (thank you!)



I finally got my first pair of Docs back in I think November(?) and they were definitely worth the pain of breaking them in. I love them so much! 
 The title is a lyric from the strangely awesome song/video "Once In A Lifetime" by Talking Heads.

10 comments:

  1. your outfit is so super cute, i love that crop top so much and your docs are so nice, you can't go wrong with docs.

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that crop top is amazing, and this sounds so fun!! docs are forever worth the pain <3 xx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is lovely!
    xx
    Inés
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crop top/dress shirt combo, I'm so scared to layer anything over a dress shirt but I think I might try this!!! :)
    x Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yeah i totally felt the same but it's definitely worth a try :)

      Delete
  5. oh my GOD that necklace... are you up to date with ahs?! xx

    http://queeenpriscilla.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right!? it's one of my absolute favourites haha
      no, i'm not up to date with freak show but i am with the other seasons!

      Delete