Thursday, May 8, 2014

there's a whole world out there (washington dc)

Hellooooo darlings!
I feel like we're all traveling these days, and since you were all kind enough to share pictures of your trips, I thought I'd share mine too! This is kind of a photo heavy post but I picked my favourite of the gazillion I took so bear with me please. :)



smithsonian
national building museum
Two weeks ago, I went to Washington DC on a class trip and it was amazing and kind of crazy!
The organizer was really... well disorganized so we walked in circles and got lost a lot (even though she was looking at a map. On her phone. Which just by the way was in her hands). Also, the food was mostly salad and burgers but other than that, the trip was full of really cool museums, walking, a lot of monuments, and going from room to room in the hotel. It was delightful to see so much grass and greenery and have it actually smell and feel like spring as opposed to summer 24/7, even if that meant putting my sweater on then taking it off then wearing three sweaters then none again.



national building museum
The really really fun part though was that, when we got to the hotel every night, the teachers would lock themselves up in their rooms and let us run around to each other's rooms, to the gym and anywhere else in the hotel. Some people had a pillow/candy fight the first night and -- don't ask me why -- but someone brought out a cheese grater (???) 
In my room, my friends and I built a fort, had a dance party (loud music, bed jumping and all) and laughed at reality tv shows. We also went to the gym once to play with the machines, got pranked called by the guys a million times, played an intense game of uno which led to a short pillow fight (me attacking my friend and then people throwing pillows at me) and played ding-dong-ditch. 
I know, I know, you're wishing you could be as mature as us! 
(You probably can't, sorry...) 

national building museum
arlington national cemetery
arlington national cemetery
If you go, I really recommend going to:
the Holocaust museum (they have a four floor exhibit so make sure you plan enough time to see most of it), 
the National Museum of American History, 
the Library of Congress (the architecture inside and out is beautiful), 
the Air & Space museum, the White House, the Capitol, 
the National Building Museum (the architecture is beautiful and they had fun activities but the tour was a little boring), 
the Smithsonian American Art Museum, and going on the Ford Theatre Detective McDivitt Investigation tour (an actor plays the detective in charge of Lincoln's assassination and takes you to all the different places where the events happened), 
 and seeing all the monuments during the day and at night.

Have you ever been on a class trip or to DC? What was your favourite trip?

library of congress


mount vernon (george washington's estate)
the white house
the white house


smithsonian american art museum;
the piece is made of lightbulbs, aluminum and other everyday objects
smithsonian american art museum
library of congress



11 comments:

  1. Looks like such a cool trip! I have never been to Washington but would love to one day! Thanks so much for recommending places to see! Too funny that the tour guide got lost but sometimes you get to see amazing things that way!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was, you should definitely go! no problem :) yeah that's a good point!

      Delete
  2. These photos are beautiful, it looks like an amazing trip <3

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are absolutely stunning and it looks like you had an awesome time! I've been to DC once when I was younger, but I just about remember it, except we definitely went to the White House and visited so many museums, my favourite being the one with the dinosaurs and a really big diamond I think. I'm glad you had a good time! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i did! :)
      yeah there are so many museums there, it's crazy! i actually know which one you're talking about, i visited that museum when i went with my family, it's definitely a fun one!

      Delete
  4. Washington is so fun! I went earlier this year with my American History class, it was november I think, and it was so great! I especially loved the air and space museum and Arlington cemetery, but it was all wonderful. We had also stopped in Gettysburg on the way there, which was so awesome. Anyways, this post is lovely, I adore all your photos! They're so wonderful and it sounds like you had a sick time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love the air and space museum! arlington cemetery was beautiful, especially with all the tulips but i found the idea of going on a tour of a cemetery kind of eery
      i don't think i've ever been to gettysburg, if i ever go back, i'll make sure to visit!
      you're too sweet, thank you! :')

      Delete
  5. holy crap these photos are beautiful!! i hope you travel more, cant wait to see what other pictures youll post =)

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i hope i travel more too haha! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete