Monday, April 14, 2014

feel like a woman, wear a dress!


~ IT'S SPRING BREAK ~
Last saturday, my friends and I went to the museum, specifically to see The Journey of a Dress, but we also saw a bunch of other exhibits. 
We saw "Urban Lights" and "Metropolis II", an exhibit about football/soccer, an abstract art exhibit and an Agnès Varda exhibit.

Journey of a Dress

 

The Journey of a Dress was so colourful and well lit, you could tell they wanted you to take pictures.
 It started with a hot pink hallway that served as the wrap dress' timeline and, at the end of it, "Feel like a woman, wear a dress!" was written in pink neon lights.

diane von furstenburg

 The hallway also led to another room in which art based on/inspired by the wrap dress and Diane von Furstenburg, the creator of the wrap dress. *angelic music*
We may or may not have dorkily analyzed the art to see what materials and techniques the artists used.


diane von furstenburg
diane von furstenburg made of ashes


Agnès Varda

house made of agnès varda's rolls of film


Chris Burden


urban lights
Yes, these are the street lamps you always see in movies and yes they are super fun to take pictures of/next to and climb on. Being the mature young ladies we are, we did all three. 
Especially the climbing. 

metropolis II
So this was a sort of city with I'd say, a thousand hot wheels that actually whizz around every hour. There were so many little boys staring with their mouths wide open or running around trying to follow the cars. 
It was little boy paradise.


Other

a part of the berlin wall
That night, my family and I went to see Alan Partridge, a hilarious british comedy that I definitely recommend. It was so quirky, full of politically incorrect jokes, comedic (and sometimes awkward) situations and so many puns. The movie is even funnier than the trailer! To quote my mom, "I haven't heard a whole theatre laugh non-stop in a long time!" 

Long story short I had a great day! 

Pictures were taken by Christina and Prescilia
The header picture is from the Agnès Varda exhibit
p.s. I will be posting more this week (hopefully) because no school

What are you doing this week? Have you been to any museums or seen any movies lately?

6 comments:

  1. That exhibit looks amazing, and your photos are beautiful!
    xo
    http://lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Thanks, my friends took them, I'll let them know! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post! :)

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back!
    I have a new post every day!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :)
      yeah i checked it out, it's really nice! :)
      thanks for checking mine out!

      Delete