Wednesday, September 24, 2014

i breathe for you

2B pencil on paper
Hey guys :)
I dunno about you guys, but summer feels like a lifetime ago *sigh*
Junior year isn't exactly what I expected it to be but in a good way. I get to take cinema & visual arts as a class which I'm suuuuuper happy about!
Anyway,  I spent my weekend listening to Half Moon Run's album, Dark Eyes and drawing/painting.
~So here are some more drawings/paintings from 2014~

pencil on paper
acrylic paint on  paper

The top drawing is from august and i spent a long time on it and I'm actually really happy about how it turned out so it's definitely the one I'm proudest of. 

The second one is actually a really small drawing that was for a bigger piece with four other different facial features. I think it's one of the most realistic eyes I've ever drawn.

For the last one, it was originally a light pencil drawing because I was planning on painting it so I didn't shade too much in pencil. I have absolutely no idea why I wanted to paint it because I'm not really good at it so I basically wrote it off forever ago. While I was painting this though I started to actually understand how to shade with paint a bit more so I guess it was to learn technique/practice. So while I'm not 100% happy with it, I'm still pretty proud because it's definitely a step up.


Also, I recently found out about Half Moon Run and I absolutely love them!
Their music sounds so laid back at first but there's actually so much more to it. Lyrically and instrumentally, the songs are so beautiful and interesting.
Plus I like the kind of dark undertone they give off, like a vibe that something's off.
The title is a lyric from Fire Escape which i think might be my favourite right now but to be honest I really can't decide haha
Bonus: their music videos are so trippy/cool/esthetically appealing/kinda creepy & they're Canadian eff yeah

How's school going for you? What have you guys been up to? Also, any art/painting advice (of any kind, especially watercolour, acrylic & gouache)?

No comments:

Post a Comment