Tuesday, March 25, 2014

my memento bursts in flames

Friday night, I went to a $5 benefit concert with my friends. It was in a quaint little pizza place and there were, at most, 100 people so it basically felt like a party with live music. All the money went to AIDS research so confetti was replaced by free condoms. Plus, it was hosted by Lost Dog, a label/collective/community that showcases underground artists. You can (and should!!) read more about them here. DEBT, Bobby T & The Slackers, ATM and IMD, and So Many Wizards performed and you should definitely check them out!
By the second set the crowd started really getting into it, dancing, mosh pitting and even crowd surfing(!!!). I took part in the mosh pit twice but I kind of got pushed out and walked on by all the taller sweaty people *shiver*. The concert was really loud but sososososo fun and the music was really good! Plus, the lead singer/guitarist in DEBT looked like an older version of Randall from Recess; he was even slightly dressed like him! 
The title is a lyric from BT&TS's song Enough Is Enough.
The pictures were taken by my friend Christina.


Bobby T. & The Slackers 

So Many Wizards

6 comments:

  1. Omg it looks like so much fun, I recently went to a mini concert similar. They were all local bands, so I knew quite a few of the band members! Lost dog collective looks so cool, I'm checking it out now haha xx

    www.ohpinkcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was! i love mini concerts, they're so fun and intimate. yay, thanks for checking them out and commenting! x

      Delete
  2. very nice post :)

    x Maria
    New outfit post up on my blog
    featuring my new lace blouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, this is so cool! I've seen bobby t & the slackers at a danger show before, we probably know some of the same people!
    alyssa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no way! that's really cool! yeah probably! maybe we'll see each other then :)

      Delete